Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics vs NDP 08

Fine, I lied about "posting tomorrow".Whatever. Anyway, Friday was half-screwed, due to ConnectSingapore event that required most of the devoted students of Singapore line up on a road pavement and holding hands whilst celebrating the Singapore spirit. THAT was what THEY hoped for. Apparently we don't feel the same. That day just so happened to be scorching hot, and it just so happened that we have to stand UNDER the sun cheering for 2 hours NIA~. AND it just so happened that we had to stay at Marymount road for ANOTHER 2 hours NIA~. I guess we can all agree that 4 hours isn't alot, ISN'T IT. At least what came out of it was our New and Improved Mongolian Class Dance. Even Mr Tan enjoyed it. Yeah.
12 hours later and I sit by the couch watching the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceromony. Not a bad show, I would say with all the aesthetic China songs and meaningless fireworks shooting into the air. I mean, aren't the fireworks supposed to form a pattern? Anyway, I was watching all these while the REAL devoted citizens were counting down to NDP 08. And the Mediacorp Artistes leading the countdown must feel really sad to miss the Olympics opening ceremony. I AM SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF EVERYONE HERE!
NDP 08, need I say more. Not to offend anyone, the Black Knights show was a little ~nice~. Halfway through and I thought I would be better off watching Phelps winning the gold medal.

No comments: