Saturday, August 30, 2008

Biotechnical Bubblewrap

Part (II): Swimming and the Biotech Fair

I woke up in the morning and realised that I had screwed up my ankle yesterday and might as well live on with it. It was raining, all right. Yeah, there will therefore be no assembly to due the overcast weather which may result in precipitation with the consequence of viruses entering our bodies. Whatever, there ain't no assembly. The moment I got into class I tried not to move around too much 'cos the bump in my shoe keeps **** my ankle around and its friggin pain. So when pokey came I pretty much GTAed the rest of the assembly away. I dont remember singing the National Anthem. I doubt they even played it. Anyway, Timmy came in and (as usual) told us some "administrative matters". Just then, the rain stopped. Right...

Next period was swimming so the water was friggin cold and I got in later than everyone else for I-cant-remember-what reason. Therefore I was the ONLY one not able to complete the endurance swimming. With less than 10m to completion. I hate Thursdays.

The Biotech fair was (severely) boring. Joseph dumped us in this big lecture theatre with lots of students from other schools. The first lecturer was really boring I almost fell asleep. The second one was completely money-minded and kept telling us how he was going to make his first billion (Australian I think) bucks. By then I gotten used to my screwed up ankle. So, Kevan and I went downstairs with the others (with exception of Seok and DT who convenintly went to the toilet) and queued up for food. On the way home, Clarence brought his bubblewrap so we mindlessly started popping it. From the trip, I learned that one RI student would take lim n tends to infinity time to pop 1m squared area of bubblewrap

No comments: